Samsung is known to be one of the leading multinational conglomerates in the world. With several businesses that the group heads, its electronic devices come under Samsung Electronics. Known to be the second largest information technology company, you will find that the mobile devices that it markets under consumer electronics is one of the most popular and high selling division of the company.
Samsung devices are known for the following features:
- They are based on the Android operating system.
- These feature cutting edge mobile technology in software and hardware.
- There are mobile devices of different budget range to appeal to different consumer segments.
As most Samsung smart phones and tablets are based on the Android operating system, Google Play Store is a standard application that is often pre installed as one of the mandatory apps on the new devices issued by this company.
Google Play was formerly known as Android market. It can be defined as the digital distribution framework by Google through which different kinds of apps are marketed and made available for download. Today there are other Android app marketplaces but Google Play is the official store that is run by Google whereby it mediates all the paid or free apps that are uploaded by Android developers across the world.
Features of Google Play Store are as follows:
- Due to the open source nature of Android OS, there are nearly three million apps today on this interface that are offered by different application developers.
- The apps are vetted and verified by Google to mediate the process of uploading apps on this interface and to ensure that the apps provided are safe to download and use on a user’s device.
- The apps are of varied categories; this marketplace was formed by combining the old Android market along with Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies and TV and others. These apps, however also exist as sub categories or standalone applications for download.
- The apps that are available for download on Google Play are either free or charged.
Android applications are mostly to be found in this online marketplace as Google has proven time and again that it provides a safe and secure framework for apps to be advertised here. There are strict norms that developers need to follow in order to advertise their apps here and these are run through several tests that ensure that no malicious content comes along with an app that can infest a user’s device. Google Play is available for download across 150 countries. With localized domains and regional flavors, it makes it easy for user of any country to set the language accordingly as per the language options available and use Google Play as they wish to.
The main sections of Google Play are the following:
- Google Play Games is a major and popular section of this app. You will find games of different categories and for varying age groups and interests. There are multiplayer games as well, which one can be part of real time and showcase results through cloud save and public leaderboards.
- Google Music is another popular segment of Google Play. You can have a separate app of it as well whereby you will gain access to a database that has millions of songs; there is a podcast streaming service as well as a free cloud storage facility to save the songs of your choice.
- Google Books is a popular segment of Google Play. You can find a wide range of eBooks here that are available for download, usually subject to purchase and one can download them in PDF or EPUB file formats.
- The Movies and TV Shows are another segment of Google Play Store. Here one can download popular television shows and movies and either purchase them or opt for rental plans.
These are some of the major categories of Google Play. If you have a Samsung device that already has Google Play downloaded on it, the following steps will help you to get started:
- Open the app and link a Google account with it.
- If you have an existing Google account like a Gmail account, you will be able to link it to Google Play.
- You can then browse through the different categories and select an app that you wish to download.
- When you click on an app you are shown the different details and screen shots, user reviews and testimonials.
- You can also search for a particular app by simply typing in the app name on the search option given on top of the interface of Google Play.
Those who have Samsung devices that do not have a Google Play app installed can do the following steps to get it on their device:
- They can log onto their mobile web browser.
- Here they can search for Google Play of the version compatible with their device.
- Once the file is downloaded one can install the APK file.
- This in turn will lead to Google Play opening up on their phone or tablet.
Users then need to link a Google account to the Play Store to continue to download apps.
If you are trying to download Google Play for Samsung device manually, the steps to follow are:
- Visit the mobile web browser and ensure that you have mobile or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Find the APK file of Google Play that would be compatible with your device.
- Download the file from a trusted source.
- Allow the file to install and then run the application.
The above steps will help one to get Google Play manually installed in their Samsung device.