This is the Android market, which is a digital distribution network developed and operated by Google. It is known to be the official app store for the Android system and this marketplace being a great place to find apps for Android OS makes it popular for all Android device users.
The applications that are sold in this marketplace are numerous; about three million as in 2017. Android market or Google Play hosts the largest number of applications for download which is made possible due to the open source operating system that Android is. For this, the software development kit that comes for Android software makes it possible for developers all over the world to develop apps for this platform. Google monitors the apps that are put up by developers on Google Play and ensures that reliable and secure applications are made available for download through this platform.
The following are the useful features of Google Play:
- It is an application that comes pre installed in many Android mobile devices.
- You could also download it for free on any Android device.
- The Play Store links to a Google account of the user and identified the device where the app is loaded.
- The apps and the interface of Google Play are optimized as per the device the user is using it on.
- The Play Store not only has all categories of apps for download but also acts as the platform on which a user can manage the apps such as updating or deleting applications.
The apps that are available through Google Play are usually of two categories, either they are free of cost or need to be paid for. With Google Play acting as the download interface, there is no problem in installation of an app. There are several functional conveniences that come with Google Play such as:
- Apps are showcased on the front page where one can see the popular and latest apps advertised on Google Play.
- One can find any app they are looking for by keying in the details on the search section.
- The apps are also listed in the major categories such as Books, Games, Music and others.
- When one clicks on an app, they will find product details, reviews and ratings given to the app by different users.
- The apps come reviewed and tested so that one does not need to be concerned about malicious software before downloading an app.
The above points showcase how useful is Google Play when it comes to downloading apps, finding the ones you need as well as knowing what kind of apps are available for your device. This app marketplace makes your device an exciting platform to work on. One will be able to make their device functional and multitasking with the different kinds of apps they can download on it.
In certain cases, however, Google Play might showcase error messages when one tries to download apps through it. One such error message is 941. This often appears when one is trying to update apps. The error is often seen in certain devices that operate with Ice Cream Sandwich, KitKat, Jelly Bean and other Android operating system versions. The error also appears in a variety of devices like HTC, Micromax, Motorola, LG, certain Samsung devices.
The steps that one should take to fix the error code are as follows:
- Visit the Settings section of your device.
- Open “Manage Applications” or apps.
- Open the All section.
- Go down to Download Manager section where you need to Force Stop the application.
- Then click to choose clear data or the cache.
- Go to Apps List.
- Here you will find Google Play Store.
- Click on Force Stop and then choose to clear the cache data.
- In case the error still shows up you can click on Open Play Store App.
- Uninstall the Play Updates and you can then install the updates again.
The above steps usually take care of this error. There are many reasons why one is prone to see errors showing up in Google Play Store. For instance, you might be using an old and outdated version of the app. It is necessary that you update the app as and when you get notification of updates launched. This helps to keep the app updated and running properly. In case Google Play file is corrupt, you might also face issues and errors. In such cases you can do the following:
- Log onto the mobile web browser on your device.
- Search for the latest Google Play Store APK file that is available for download for your device.
- Download the file and allow it to be installed manually on your device.
- Once the installation is complete start to use the app by logging into your Google account.
This way you will be able to overcome the errors that you find on Google Play. It is also advisable that you clear cache data from time to time. This helps to improve performance of the app. The app helps you to manage the apps that you download through it. Keeping Google Play at the latest updated version will help you get the most out of the app and have a hassle free way of finding apps and managing them as well.