The Google Play Store app that is available for download and use for different Android devices was previously known as Android market. Today it serves as a digital distribution network for different Android apps that are sold by different firms and developers, either for free or for a charge and mediated by Google. The apps are verified and published for download on the platform to assure safe and secure applications that can be downloaded and enjoyed on any Android device. There are diverse categories of apps that one can download from Google Play Store.
Here are some key features that Google Play Store offers:
- There are diverse categories of apps to download that are divided mainly between books, games, movies and music, utility apps and others.
- A single Google account linked to Google Play will allow one to download and use apps on different mobile devices.
- It acts not only as a forum where one can download apps, but also intimates users about updates and other information related downloaded apps.
- There are about 2.7 million apps available on this platform which surpasses apps on any other online marketplace or for any other OS.
For the above reasons it is not hard to see why Google Play Store is a must have for any Android device. Indeed, any Android based device is incomplete without Google Play. Most new Android devices come with Google Play pre installed. In other devices that have older OS or need to have the application installed, they can easily get the Android app link from their mobile web browser. This in turn will allow Google Play Store to be installed on the device and one can then enjoy the benefits of the application and the online marketplace.
While Google Play is designed as an Android based application that can only run on Android devices, there are certain versions designed to work on iOS as well. Though one might not get the full application of Google Play and its features, the app that is designed to work on Apple devices will work on the operating system of Apple devices without the need for a simulator platform or program to be run.
There are several reasons why one might want to run Play Store on their iOS devices. The Play Store has millions of apps of different kinds that are available on this platform. Due to the popularity of Android devices, the apps available for running on Android devices far outrun the apps that are made compatible for other mobile operating systems. Hence, users of Apple devices might want to use or download apps that are available on Play Store. There are certain versions of Play Store that come pre installed in Apple devices. If you have a pre installed Play Store application on your Apple device, you can open this app and start using the same.
For those who do not have Google Play Store on their iOS and wish to download the same after searching for the file on iTunes, here are some options available to them:
- As iPhones and iPads run on different operating system you need to make certain changes in order to allow Google Play to run on your device.
- Jail breaking is an option to go for. Know that jail breaking will allow other networks and certain apps to be installed on your device, but you would be making any existing guarantee with Apple null and void.
- You can download the APK file for Google Play from a trusted source and keep it for installation later on.
- You need to install Cydia and bootlace application on your jail broken iPhone or iPad. When you launch Cydia you need to run bootlace applications from it.
- After these operations restart the device to allow the changes to be made part of the operating system.
- You need to install iDroid which is considered a simulator Android operating system for iOS.
- Once this platform is downloaded and installed on your Apple device, you can install Google Play by running the APK file you downloaded.
The above points showcase how Play Store can be achieved for iOS devices which do not have an Android operating system. In order to enjoy the apps available on Play Store, you need to download a simulator program for Apple devices. There are several out there and it is best that one reads up reviews of these programs and their advantages before installing one on their device. Once the simulator program is installed, it will help you install Google Play on this platform. You can then use Google Play on this simulator as you would on an Android device.
Here is a list of things you need to do to enjoy Google Play apps on your iOS device:
- Open the simulator program on your Apple device.
- Locate the APK file for Google Play and download it on this platform.
- Once Google Play is successfully downloaded, open the app and create an account on it.
- If you have an existing Google account, you can link it to the app.
- Once the account details are created and verified, you will be able to log on and check out the different apps.
Once Google Play becomes available on your device, you can download apps and use them in the simulator program. This enables you to enjoy the apps as you would on any Android device. If there is any utility or entertainment app you wanted to download and could not find it on iTunes, chances are that you will find it easily on Google Play. This is the largest online marketplace for apps and ensures a safe and secure way to browse apps and download them. You are assured of the reliability of the apps when you download them from Google Play Store.