There is no app that offers the best of the content and apps for tablet and other mobile device users than the Google Play Store. There are millions of applications for all categories offered in the Play Store app that includes exciting games, free eBooks, music, magazines, games, etc. You will never run short of entertainment if you have the Play Store app installed on your favorite tablet. It will be a treasure trove to download any type of media content you like.
Why Android tablet does not have pre-installed Play Store app?
Most of the Android tablets that you buy from physical and online stores will come with Google Play Store pre-installed on it. But, there are a few tablets that do not come with Play Store app and the reasons for this are as follows:
- The tablet you have purchased might be a low priced Chinese product that might be a clone of other popular Android devices.
- If you have bought a secondhand Android tablet, then the previous owner could have rooted the application before selling it to you.
Why are tablets incomplete without Play Store app?
The following are some of the reasons why Android tablets are not complete without the Play Store app.
- It is the only source through which you get to access all kinds of genuine Android apps developed by third-party sources.
- The tablets can perform different kinds of tasks easily with the use of different Play Store apps.
- All the apps offered in the Play Store app are reviewed and checked for malware and other issues before they are offered for download for the Android users.
- You have the option of updating, adding or deleting any of the apps on offer from the Play Store whenever you want.
- The Google Play Store app is your gateway to get access to millions of apps in different categories.
- The apps offered here fall into two segments: free and paid apps and you have the option to choose any app that you want.
How to download Google Play Store app for free?
If you have unboxed your new Android tablet and do not find the Google Play Store app pre-installed on the phone, then there is no need to worry. You can easily download the Play Store app on your mobile device and start using the app to download many other entertainment apps. Before you start the procedure to download the Google Play Store app on your Android tablet, you should first switch on the Wi-Fi option on your tablet.
Accessing Google Play Store APK link to download
- Go to the Settings option on the Android tablet and scroll to locate the Wi-Fi option.
- Tap on it and connect to the desired Wi-Fi you always use to surf the internet.
- Open the web browser on the tablet and search for Google Play Store.
- You will find a download link to show up on the screen. Tap to proceed.
- After you tap the link, the Google Play Store APK file will get downloaded on the tablet and will be stored in the downloads folder.
- Check out the download folder for the Google Play Store APK file.
It is very important that you download the APK file from reliable and trusted sources. If you download the APK file from un-trusted sources, there are chances for the APK file tampering. This tampered APK file can cause problems to your Android tablets and will also not function properly. You should look for websites that offer APK with the Google sign and certification. You can also download the APK file on your computer or laptop and then transfer it to your Android tablet using Bluetooth or USB cable.
Enable unknown sources
If you are looking to install the downloaded Google Play Store APK file on the Android tablet, you will need to first enable the unknown sources option in the Settings. If the enable unknown sources are in disabled mode, the tablet will not allow the installation of applications from sources other than the Google Play Store. This is set in disable mode as default. To install the APK file that you have downloaded, you should first enable the unknown source option.
- Go to the settings option on your Android device and tap on the Security option.
- Locate the unknown source option and tick the box.
- A warning message will pop up on the screen, read it fully.
- After that, hit the Ok option and this way the unknown sources will be enabled on your tablet.
Installing Google Play Store
- Open the downloads folder on the tablet and look for the Google Play Store APK.
- Tap on it and a box might pop up asking the app that you want to use.
- Choose the package installer, read the permission changes that come up on the next screen and then tap on the install option.
- After the installation is over, you will find the latest version of Google Play Store on the tablet.
After you have finished installation of Google Play Store apps on Android tablet, you should immediately go on to the Settings option and turn off or disable the unknown source option. This is very important as disabling the unknown sources will prevent apps from getting downloaded without your permission. You can always go back to the Settings option and turn on or enable the unknown source option to download other apps you want.
Now you know the right way to download the Google Play Store app on your Android tablet. The method mentioned above will work on most of the popular Android devices. There might be a slight variation of the procedure for the Androids with different version and OEM.